Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Brownies

Brownies are a personal favorite of mine, but they are most definitely not the easiest thing to make from scratch. In fact, few recipes turn out as well or even as close to as good as this one. When you can figure out how to make a good batch of homemade brownies, you've got a fantastic treat that will please any crowd.



Chocolate Fudge Brownies

1/2 c Butter
1 c White Sugar
2 Eggs
1 tsp Vanilla
1/3 c Cocoa Powder
1/2 c Flour
1/4 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp Baking Powder

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease an 8 x 8 in baking pan.
2. Melt Butter and mix in Sugar and Vanilla. Add the Eggs very slowly.
3. Combine Flour, Cocoa, Salt, and Baking Powder. Combine all the dry ingredients with the Butter mixture until smooth. Spread into greased pan.
4. Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes. DO NOT overcook.

These brownies are fabulous. As long as you make sure not to overcook them, they will come out moist and chewy which is exactly how a good brownie should be. Normally I try to improve the nutritional profile of my recipes, but with brownies it's just too dangerous. They are too delicate of a pastry to remove the butter or sugar without completely sacrificing the integrity of the desert. I suggest sticking to the recipe when it comes to these treats!

3 comments:

  1. I love brownies too but I usually just go for the pre-made mixes, that is if I ever even have time to do that. Thank you for the recipe, I think now I'm going to make a little time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great blog idea, and great recipe! I'll have to try this one out over the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When you bake brownies, are there considerations for nuts? What types and how long it takes to cook?

    ReplyDelete